What to do now
What do I need to do?
Remember your email account with Vodafone will be closing on 30 November 2017. If you’re not using it, don’t worry, there’s nothing you need to do.
However, if you're using your Vodafone email account you'll need to find a new email provider. We're here to help you understand all your options for personal and business email, so you can be confident you've made the right decision.
What will happen if I do nothing?
Your email service will simply close on 30 November 2017. This means that after this date you will no longer be able to send emails from that address and you will only receive emails if you set up forwarding via Vodafone. But, if you do something before that time, you can easily save all of your contacts and emails.
USING YOUR OWN DOMAIN NAME
Consider using your own domain name to build trust in your business
What is a domain name?
Think of your domain name as being a little like your mobile phone number, but for online use:
- Your domain name represents your name or brand and is totally unique to you.
- You can use it for a personal or business email address, and/or website address or you can redirect it to a social media profile
- You can change email providers and keep your email address if you have your own domain name
A domain name gives credibility
Evidence shows that potential customers will expect your email address to look professional and include the company name. This is where a domain can help your business.
According to research, if your business has a company name in its email and website addresses, you'll be seen as more professional and therefore more trustworthy.
firstname.lastname@example.org Less trustworthy
email@example.com More trustworthy
* According to 2017 Colmar Brunton survey
Need a domain name?
- Don't have a domain name? Grabbing one is easy. A quick Google search will present you with plenty of companies that provide domain names and emails at a range of prices to suit your specific needs and budget - and you don’t have to have a website.
- Once you’ve decided on a provider it’s time to choose a domain name. Here are some tips on how to think about naming your domain. Once you’ve chosen a domain name, use ONECheck to make sure it’s still available.
- Purchase your Domain name and email.
Get Domain Name
All set with a domain name?
- Then adding an email is easy - just speak to your registrar or the company that manages your website to add a email facility.
- Check out our handy links to connect your domain to your email, website and/or social media profiles, and for tips on how to get the full value from your domain name.
Guide to create a new free email account
- Set up a new web based email account, like Gmail, Outlook.com, or any others of your choice (if you haven’t already).
- Use the unique link in the email sent to you by Vodafone to set up your free auto-forwarding to your new email address.
- Move your old email messages and contacts to your new account.
- Email all your contacts to let them know you’ve switched your email service
- Update your email address with your relevant service providers.